The Christmas Holidays came and went. I thought I was ready to slide down easy street after Rhada and Garrett's Open House here on the 11th. Not so. Christmastime always reminds me to give special thanks for all my blessings and hopefully share with others. Friends, family, neighbors, needy in the community, all seem to come in full focus around Christmas. There are small books and stories I like to read to remind myself of the sacredness of the season. My heart fills with the love for others with that kind of love I know my Savior and Heavenly Father have for me. I am richly blessed regardless of my shortcomings.
One thing I want to remember but not repeat is Christmas Eve when Rhada and Garrett came at 4 in the afternoon. They were my only relatives to come and I was not ready for them. In review, I felt I acted as George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Like" as he went home with his worries of the lost $5000. I had lost no money but I had messed up 3 stockings that I wanted to finish by Christmas Eve, unable to burn 2 dvds; one for a friend I wanted to deliver and one for a relative that I thought had to be mailed before Christmas, then to top it off Garrett could not find the treats he was expecting and LeGrand told him to go to the store and buy some cookies! On Christmas Eve!!! I had some sweets and was planning to make more. Next thing I know Rhada had left to "go shopping". (I was afraid she was booking a flight to her mama's in Australia.) Garrett went upstairs to take a nap and I think LeGrand was playing Scrabble, I don't know. He had made a trip to Office Depot and to the store for me earlier.
I turned off the computer. Finished Rhada's stocking. (Saved Stephen and Katie's until Christmas Day.) We had a nice dinner and I did apologize later as we watched the real movie.
Christmas morning we slept in until almost 7. There was little to get out. Rhada and Garrett were generous in getting me 2 dvd's and an exercise ball. I wonder if they took bets on how long it would take me to open it. They got Dad a bobble head Office Boss, Michael Scott doll. Plus there were gifts from the other children as well.
We talked to all our other children, parents and brothers and sisters, except one. That is the nice thing about having Dad living here, my brother and sisters call the house more frequently.
Just a little picture summary.
|
Christmas Carolers, Maya and Gabriella Stevens and Merigan Joyner.
|
 |
| Ginger Santa who always has lots of surprises |
 |
| Rhada and Garrett on Christmas Morning |
 |
| LeGrand with Michael Scott, Rhada and Garrett |
 |
| Jan loving the book Robyn made of Jacob, Nico and Ben. |
 |
| Granddaddy Dollar enjoys the festivities. |
 |
| After Brunch and before our company left. |
 |
As tradition, missionaries came for brunch. Sisters Anderson and Fakatava and Elders Lindermann (who was here last year) and Elder Martin.
|
Juan and Ricardo, our special guests for Brunch. Ricardo helped me so much to get the house ready for the Open House.
|
|
 |
| 12 Adult Stockings hung Christmas Night....still thinking of grandbaby stockings or pillowcases to make next year when HOPEFULLY they will all be here sometimes during the Christmas Season. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!