I love the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. It is usually very relaxing. It is my opinion only, that it is somewhat sacrilegious to take down a Christmas Tree before the New Year. But some may think it is awful to not have decorations put away before the 13th of January too. (MAYBE TODAY but maybe not, I will try.)
Our Christmas continued with a visit from Natalie and her family from Knoxville on New Year's Eve. We love having the family down and they loved being the only extras in the house, each child and the couple had a room to themselves. Natalie and I got away alone to the mall for some shopping. She has a way of keeping me young with my new Ugg look alikes from Target. Just the kind I wanted! And also she thought I had to have some skinny jeans. I will say no more but she thought they loved great. I took Jackson to go see Tangled at the movies. No popcorn and missed the first of the movie but he seemed to really enjoy it and so did I.
I have to tell this one story and hope no one minds because it was really my fault for talking in my sleep. Jackson had helped me make some magic cookies. I put on the timer and laid down on the couch where I promptly crashed during the UA bowl game. I heard the beeper going off and asked Natalie to get the cookies out of the oven. She did. Then I asked her to put the sweet potatoes in the oven. She asked Brent and he did. He thought. When I got up 35 minutes later when Nat told me the movie started in 30 minutes, (I had to put Dad to bed and get a shower too) I got up to get a cookie and could not find them. But I smelt them. Brent had put the cookies back in the oven thinking they were sweet potatoes. LeGrand came in from his bike ride later and asked, "Did something burn? Sweet potatoes?" Such a laugh!
They had come down for Hannah Cate's blessing weekend. We all went to Montgomery where Rhada and Garrett met us at the church. I drove by myself. Brent plans were to go home Sunday and I had promised to take Nat and the boys home if they could stay a few extra days.
The blessing by Stephen was wonderful as was the meal of hamburgers and large hot dogs. The NeSmith family joined us for lunch and the house nicely accommodated the crowd.
I left to spend the night with Grandma Hutchison. I was able to take Grandma shopping for her Christmas and birthday. Her sister, Voncille, called while I was there. Nat, Rac and children followed me to Dothan Monday for Grandma's 84th birthday. Hollie joined us for lunch. It was a wonderful day.
Monday night we stayed with Rachel. I hate it when I stay awake waiting for a baby to cry so I can help his/her mama. I did not get much sleep but enjoyed burping and rocking babies in the middle of the night.
I also hate to get a bee in my bonnet to get something done that was of little consequence. I spent much too long but did get the wireless internet set up at Rachel's house. I stayed with Hannah while the girls and the boys went to the park for a picnic.
Nat, boys and I left for Knoxville about 3:30. I spent one night. Jackson showed me his Christmas toys, Nat took me to her exercise place, we did some shopping for boys' birthdays and saw the kind of van they want to buy. I came home, stopping in B'ham to visit Aunt Ervis and have dinner with Katie.
I did come home one day earlier than hoped because we found out about the death and funeral of our good friend, Margaret Stephenson from a car wreck in which her car hit another car with another good friend, John Cranor, who was in ICU.
Then I got sick with the crud and so did LeGrand. It has been hard tying to keep out of Dad's room and keep hands sanitized.
 |
| Stephen, Rachel and Hannah Cate NeSmith |
 |
| Families gather for the blessed event. |
 |
| Great Grandma Isabel Riggs |
 |
| Bright eyes! |
 |
| Meet Grandma Hutchison |
 |
| Grandma loves a short visit from her great grandchildren. |
 |
| Grandma Jan and her Hannah Cate, Baby Cakes. |
 |
| The birthday party. |
 |
| Cousins, Natalie, Hollie and Rachel |
 |
| Sam loves his mama. |
 |
| Jackson loves his music. |
 |
| Hannah takes it all in. |
 |
| Picnic at the park. |
 |
| Weather man called for 3-5 inches of snow but we got mostly sleet and icy streets and BURR Cold days and nights. Tonight's low is predicted to be 13 which will break our all time record for this date. |
Oh and we had sleet Sunday night and Garrett's school has been out 4 days this week.
we sure did have fun! re-read the part about sleeping at rachel's house. "stephenson baby"?? seriously get those jeans back!
ReplyDeletethanks. I wondered what happened when I was writing about Margaret Stephenson. I fixed it.
ReplyDeleteI will get the jeans back when I have lost to where they fit when I sit down!