Monday, April 4, 2011

Tribute to My Daddy

Life takes turns, sharp turns, unexpectedly. Daddy passed away January 26th.
I started writing some of my remembrances of the week leading up to his death but it turned into a book and is too personal to share. I love my Daddy and am so glad I was able to care for him his last 22 months. I am very thankful to LeGrand. He always loved my daddy and supported me bringing him into our home, turning our living room into a bed room. I am thankful for my brother and sisters for trusting me to care for him and for us being all together throughout Dad's last few days. I am thankful to Earl Collins and Cody Blowers, Dad's main care givers, who allowed me to get away from the house. I am thankful to my children for their understanding and patience with all the circumstances that arise when caring for an elderly parent.
And I am thankful for my mama for helping shape Daddy into the great man he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!