Sunday, April 24, 2011

Snow and Grandma Hutchison come to Northport

It is 85 degrees in Northport now. Obviously it snowed a few weeks back. Grandma also came a few weeks back. Because it is so rare to have snow in Alabama and because I had so much fun in the snow and got some good pictures, I want to post about the snow. Because I love my mother-in-law and was sad she had a spell that sent her to the hospital January 30th and happy we had a room for her to come to our home to recuperate, and have some good pictures, I will post about her too.
The day we brought Grandma home was February 3rd. A large snow event was predicted. But we only got sleet and ice. Jefferson County schools, where Garrett teaches at Pinson, were closed for 4 days.



Grandma was pretty sick that first week. She was diagnosed with Vertigo. She would not like this picture but she did have her eyes opened most of the time. It was good to have Craig come to visit.

The next week, February 9th and 10th. We had a nice snow event. It was fun to play and look at but it did not ice the roads. My neighbor, Candace, owns the woods behind our house. She has obedient dogs that come when she calls (well, one). Ginger was able to run loose because I knew she would stay with Ella. She loved running with her friends through the snow covered woods and I loved walking with my friend. It was so refreshing!!!


Grandma looks out the front door to see the snow starting to stick.


I have the only sled in the neighborhood. I do believe this was the first time it has been used. I have had it over 10 years. I park it in the front yard for neighbors to use. I know at least 2 neighbors borrowed it. It does come in handy but I think they have new models today.





Ella, Candace and Michael.


 Brandon and Mr. Snowman.


 Mrs. Snowman...I mean, Grandma.


Jan and Ginger, alias Miss Houdini. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!