Saturday, December 18, 2010

Benjamin James Hutchison

We were at the beach when Robyn told us this little one was on the way. We were all overjoined knowing we had 2 grandbabies on the way. Natalie was expecting in January and now Robyn expecting in May.
Can't you see the glow in the eyes of these moms to be. Priceless!
So in the hubbub of wedding excitement for Lance and Katie....Benjamin arrives. It was a scheduled arrival. I knew it would be Monday afternoon. I had worked at the Historical Records Project that day but went straight home to wait for the phone call. Seems I waited much too long. But the news came, we had another grandson! A grandson! It was as exciting for me as if it had been my first! How special to have a family of boys!
 Benjamin's middle name James is after my mom's side of the family. Mom's name was Jimmie, her dad, granddad, ggranddad were all James Halpin. I had to wait until after the wedding before going to meet him. So tiny and so needful of his mommy. I spent a good amount of time with Jacob and Nico. Robyn adjusted well to being a mom of three sons. She had to. She spent the summer without Matt who was working an internship in Omaha. She and the boys stayed with her folks, Hilda and Leland Gamette in Provo, UT.
 Benjamin James Hutchison

 Brotherly bonding. Can you see Nico on Jacob's back? What do you think Jacob is wanting to teach Ben?
 First day in the Tot Lot with all three sons. Many friends stopped to meet Ben and check on Robyn.
 Grandma Jan got the fun part of taking Jacob and Nico to the park. We also went to the library and had a picnic. One day Grandma met Jacob after school and we walked home. We stopped by McDonald's for an ice cream too!

Grandma thinks the third child in the family, like her, is extra special!!!!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!