Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lance marries Katie Glaze

Lance and Katie met at the beach when they were about 14. They stayed in touch with email and managed to continue their relationship through college. High school sweethearts and more!

 Here we are with Katie's mom, Linda, at the Square. 
Lance gave Katie her ring when he went to Oxford in September. I took a road trip with Katie to Oxford to search for venues in October 2009. Katie's friend was very concerned that Katie would spend 3 hours on the road with me and Lance not with us! We had a blast!
There was much planning with the church, the reception, bridesmaid dresses, invitations, honeymoon, etc. It was fun to be involved even though I was just the mother of the groom! There was also much worry with the save-the-dates, bridal gown fitting, menus and after rehearsal dinner, not to mention the couple's video and family song dedications. LeGrand says I strive on stress and maybe he is right. I loved every minute of it. I was also honored when Katie asked me to take their engagement pictures. There was one good one.

Rachel hosted a Bridal Shower for Katie.

The wedding weekend was full of events with a Rehearsal Dinner on Friday night and Bridesmail luncheon on Saturday. The guys went to the golf course.


The day of the wedding was a hot one. We were glad we had gotten fans for favors. But everything went as planned and everyone had a wonderful time. Some more wonderful than others. After the ceremony the wedding guests walked to the 512 House for the reception. After pictures, Katie and Lance and their attendants walked down the middle of the street to greet their friends and family.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!