Rachel's mother-in-law, Kathy, is an RN. She took Rachel's blood pressure on Sunday night November 28th. It was high so they went to the hospital. We were told that she would be induced at 6 in the morning. LeGrand and I took our own cars since I knew I would want to stay and LeGrand needed to be back Tuesday. We, along with Stephen's entire family, including his grandmother, sat in the waiting room. We would get updates from time to time. At 4:50 or so, Kathy suggested a family prayer. We walked to a secluded spot and Steve, Hannah's other grandpa, offered a sweet prayer. As we were walking back to the waiting room, my phone rang. I could not make out what was being said on the other line and then it dawned on me that it was Stephen telling us the time was at hand. I put it on speaker and us girls gathered around. Then in unison screamed "she is here!" and the tears rolled and texting began. What JOY!!!!
Hannah is here!!!!
So alert and ready to learn and teach!
Bundled in Aunt Robyn's hat and booties.
Mom and Dad happy to have Hannah home for her first night. And what a night to not remember!!! Hannah got to sleep in her bed at 5:05 am!
Hannah basking in natural sunlight in her own sunroom at home.
Bundled and tucked in snug for her first doctor's appointment.
I helped around the house that Stephen and Rachel had purchased November 8th. I put the stroller together. I tried to sleep on the couch but got spooked and did not sleep much. It was a windy night. The next day I helped get all their remaining stuff from their apartment, visited for a while at the hospital and returned to Tuscaloosa. I went back to Montgomery Wednesday to help them get out of the hospital. I was the photographer. Hannah came home on Wednesday and had to return to the hospital Friday. She had jaundice and needed treatment under the lights. I worried for her and Rachel. I came home to get Garrett and Rhada's wedding announcements (that had come 2 weeks late!) ready for the mail. I worried so about both Hannah and Rachel, as Rachel was still quite swollen and pressure still up. I was afraid she was not going to be able to rest.
LeGrand and I went to see them on Sunday. When we walked in and saw Rachel in a hospital bed with her feet higher than her heart and Hannah a step away in her isolet, I knew all was well. They were both getting what they needed.
![]() |
| Hark! The herald angels sing! |
Rhada and I returned this past Tuesday. Rachel is gaining her strength. Hannah is gaining weight. Stephen is a proud papa and a great help and support.
Could it be that I have more pictures of Hannah than my other just a precious grandsons? It could be that she is a girl and I love pink and she does live in ALABAMA!







No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!